• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 basuraMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

I managed to get to the top 100 in both events for 3 weeks in a row. Here's my record:

My own troopers are around lvl50 in average, while the missions have a recommended level of more than 115. That's a huge gap! Of course the training levels do matter, but your strategy will play the biggest role in conquering these levels.

Here's some general tips for you guys to help in your own missions:

Upgrade your in-battle tools (heal and resuscitation)

At max level, you'll have 7 charges of Heal and 3 charges of Resuscitation. You'll want to get that as soon as possible to help with the long grind of the Thunderstruck or Top Guns levels. Also, it will save you gold, time, and effort in the long run. Don't ever bother with upgrading the Airstrike; too expensive for such a minimal effect.

Recruit your friend's best troopers

This works best if you are still new to the game - just recruit one of your high-level friends to burst through the lower levels. As you go higher, you'll have to be more selective in recruiting. I myself recruit only for the following reasons:

• recruit a ultra-high level Hard Rock Gunner or Sniper as my primary damage dealer
  • recruit a bunch of damage dealers as AI fodder for levels with Damage Reflection

Use debuffs to your advantage

I made a detailed post a month ago regarding the importance of debuffs in beating the tough levels. Click here to visit that thread. TLDR: be on the watch for levels where you have several targets for Blind or StunSometimes the proper use of debuffs is the ONLY way to beat a level.

Take time to discover the optimal squad composition for each level

Each level in the Weekly Missions is different. I ALWAYS adjust my squad composition for each level (except of course in the first few levels). While writing this guide, I came up with some of the "rules" that I always follow. It's impossible to list them all, but it should give you an idea of how to do it.

• Always look for 1-turn wins first! In my case, most of the first 25 levels offer these chances. Vacuum Grenades. Hard Rock Hallelujah. Explosions. Headshots. Victory.
  • The real fun starts for levels that get past the first turn. I start with my tank (always positioned at the right-most "6th" spot) and look for specific weapons from the AI's squad to roughly determine how my squad would look like. Against Bazooka and Napalm Launchers, my 4th and 5th spots should be able to take the splash damage. If there are Gatling guns, my 5th spot should be tanky too. If there are none of the weapons above, I can afford to fill the rest of my slots with high-damage troopers! Note that against Shotguns, my 5th spot should be long-range to avoid the splash damage.
  • I make sure that each of my troopers contribute as much as possible to victory. Take for example the 5th slot - which most of the time is a tank, too. A possible mistake here is to assign another simple tank in that slot. Yes, he will not die from the splash damages, but you just wasted one of your precious slots for nothing. I often equip a F2100 and Flashbang/Stun Grenade to the trooper in that slot. It's also a great spot for Tanky El Comandante's equipped with multiple Compasses, as long as you have Scouts or Commando's to benefit from it.
  • Randomness is minimal in AI missions where targeting is enabled. Grenades do not "just" fly in to unexpected targets. Your troopers do not "just" charge in to Napalm or Minigun range. You have control over these things. Try to observe and learn the little rules that govern the game.

Flexibility is key; do not settle with 1 strategy
- will be updated later.

• SOL SNAKE likes this

Add me up on Facebook!

quality gaming since 2005

Travian | DotA | Hearthstone | Pocket Troops

#2 Fox91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:40 AM

Looking forward to it! Thanks.

• Brigadier
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

its true...

im gonna take note of this..
because im stuck at ThunderStruck 24 :D

"I Can't Kill you using my Weapon.... BUT i will Wait and Watch you DIE with my POISON!"
- SOL SNAKE (7zero5 Squad)

RECRUIT or HIRE ME! :rolleyes:
Just Add me Up on Facebook..
click --> Sol Snake

Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel (7zero5 Usman)
for more The Pocket Troopers Game Play

click --> 7zero5 Usman

Official Facebook Page:

click --> The Pocket Troopers GamePlay

#4 MenlPlara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

"I'm a pretty aggressive wader and with my kayak top, belts, and all, I quite willingly cross some hard water "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users